In this post, I’m going to explain about the TOGAF Foundation (Level 1) 9.2 certification by The Open Group. Firstly, this is a certification program not the credential program. Secondly, certification is open to all applicants – there is no requirement for any previous certification. Thirdly, the duration of certification is indefinite.
In conclusion, the certification is available to individuals who wish to demonstrate they attained the required knowledge and understanding of the TOGAF standard 9.2
The purpose of the TOGAF 9 Level 1, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation, is to provide validation that the candidate has gained an acceptable level of knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understand the core principles of enterprise architecture and TOGAF.
Who can earn TOGAF 9 Foundation certification?
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the TOGAF 9 standard
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to the TOGAF 9 standard
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification in a stepwise approach
What are the Assessment Criteria?
The TOGAF 9 Part 1 examination is the assessment for the TOGAF 9 Foundation certification. This examination comprises 40 questions in simple multiple-choice format, covering the Level 1 learning outcomes (see the section below for detail). The pass mark is 55% (22 or more questions out of a maximum of 40).
What does the TOGAF Foundation certification cover?
To achieve certification to the TOGAF 9 Foundation Body of Knowledge, Candidates must complete the 13 Level 1 Learning Units and pass the TOGAF 9 Part 1 examination.
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard
- The core concepts of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The key terminology of the TOGAF 9 standard
- The ADM cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of Enterprise Architecture
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The concept of building blocks
- The key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- The TOGAF reference models
- The TOGAF certification program
What is required to earn the TOGAF Foundation certification?
To be eligible for the certification individuals are required pass the assessment.
The assessment consists of 40 questions in a simple multiple-choice format with a 55% pass mark (22/40)
The assessment is proctored and supervised.
Assessment is proctored and is not Open Book.
The duration of the credentials is indefinite.
What if I fail the assessment?
Candidates who fail an examination are not allowed to re-take any examination again within that Program for a period of one (1) month
1. At your home or in your office using Online Proctored delivery.
2. Pearson VUE test centres.
3. Authorized accredited training organizations are able to provide access to this examination on-site.
The duration of this credential is indefinite – this credential is to a given version of the Body of Knowledge and does not expire, so there are no renewal requirements.
What is the Study Track?
Candidates may choose how they wish to learn about the TOGAF 9 standard. Courses will be available from training organizations and The Open Group accredited training organizations.
Individuals who have earned this certificate are recommended to consider TOGAF Certified (Level 2) certification.
Community We have added another incredibly powerful feature on our learning program, communities where you can discuss and learn about the EA related topics.