TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation – TOGAF 10 Edition
In this post, I will explain the new TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification that The Open Group launched on October 17, 2022, based on the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition.
To begin with, this is a certification program, not a credential program. This certification is accessible to all applicants; prior certification is not required; and the duration of certification is indefinite.
TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification
The TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification validates that an individual possesses the fundamental knowledge and comprehension of enterprise architecture utilising the TOGAF approach.
This level of knowledge and comprehension is necessary to be able to contribute to an architecture project or work with the results of an architecture project.
The objectives for learning at this level centre on acquiring knowledge and improving comprehension.
Who can earn the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification?
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the TOGAF 10 standard
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to the TOGAF 10 standard
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification in a stepwise approach
- Individuals who need to start to learn the TOGAF Standard
What are the Assessment Criteria?
The TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Part 1 examination is the assessment for the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification.
This examination comprises 40 questions in a simple multiple-choice format, covering the Part 1 learning outcomes.
The pass mark is 60% (24 or more questions out of a maximum of 40).
Supervised – YES
The assessment is proctored and supervised.
Open Book – NO
Assessment is proctored and is not an open book.
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Non-native English speakers may receive extra time on English language exams. Please check with the exam deliver partner.
What does the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation certification cover?
To achieve certification to the TOGAF EA Part 1, candidates must demostrate knowledge of the following:
- The concepts of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF Standard
- The key terminology of the TOGAF Standard
- The Architecture Development Method (ADM) cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM for use
- The techniques available to support application of the ADM
- Applying the ADM, including use of iteration, partitioning, and application in a Digital enterprise
- How Architecture Governance contributes to architecture development
- Architecture content — the outputs produced while executing the ADM
The certification is available to individuals who require a deeper comprehension of the TOGAF 10 standard and there is no requirement for any previous certification.
What is the study track?
Those who want to get this certification can either study on their own or go to a training course.
Upon successful certification, the Open Group issues certificates and publishes the definitive directory of certified individuals.
There are no re-certification or renewal requirements because certification to a specific version of the Body of Knowledge does not expire and there are no requirements for recertification.
What is the exam’s name?
TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Part 1 Exam (English)
What is the exam reference?
What is the exam fees?
For more information about the exam fees, see TOGAF Examination Fees.
There is a combined TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Part 1 and Part 2 examination for candidates who want to achieve Level 2 certification directly. This will cost the candidate USD $595 for both Part 1 and Part 2 exams.
What is the exam delivery options?
Using Pearson VUE OnVue delivery options:
- Either in the comfort of your own home or the convenience of your office.
- Test locations administered by Pearson VUE.
What are the next steps?
Candidates have option to:
- Study for the higher level TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Exam
- Study for the TOGAF Specialist Credential Program.