In this post, I’m going to explain about the TOGAF Certified (Level 2) 9.2 certification by The Open Group. Firstly, this is a certification program, not the credential program. Secondly, certification is open to all applicants – there is no requirement for any previous certification. Thirdly, the duration of certification is indefinite.
In conclusion, the certification is available to individuals requiring a deeper understanding of the TOGAF 9 standard.
The purpose of certification to the TOGAF 9 Certified qualification is to validate that, in addition to the knowledge and comprehension of the TOGAF 9 Foundation, the Candidate can analyze and apply it. Therefore, the learning objectives at this level focus on application and analysis in addition to knowledge and comprehension.
Who can earn TOGAF 9 Certified certification?
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the TOGAF 9 standard
- Professionals who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce the TOGAF 9 standard into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of the TOGAF 9 standard
What are the Assessment Criteria?
Candidates are required to have passed both the TOGAF 9 Part 1 examination and the TOGAF 9 Part 2 examination. The TOGAF 9 Part 2 examinations may be taken separately or together as a combined examination (TOGAF 9 Part 1 and Part 2). The Part 1 examination consists of 40 questions in a simple multiple-choice format with a 55% pass mark. The Part 2 examination consists of 8 gradient scored complex scenario-based questions with a 60% pass mark.
What does the TOGAF Certified certification cover?
To achieve certification to the TOGAF 9 Certified Body of Knowledge, a Candidate must complete the 13 Level 1 Learning Units and the 27 Level 2 Learning Units and pass the TOGAF 9 Part 1 and the TOGAF 9 Part 2 examinations.
- How to apply the ADM phases in the development of an Enterprise Architecture
- How to apply Architecture Governance in the development of an Enterprise Architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- How to apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply the TOGAF standard recommended techniques when developing an Enterprise Architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an Enterprise Architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an Enterprise Architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
What is required to earn the TOGAF Certified?
Individuals are required to pass the assessment.
The assessment consists of 8 Complex multiple-choice scenario-based examination
Supervised – YES
The assessment is proctored and supervised.
Open Book – YES
Assessment is proctored and is an open book. You are encouraged to follow the Test Centre guidelines for the assessment.
Please note that the reference book built into the examination
The duration of the credentials is indefinite – this credential is to a given version of the Body of Knowledge and does not expire. So, there are no recertification or renewal requirements.
What if I fail the assessment?
Candidates who fail an examination are not allowed to re-take any examination within that Program for one (1) month.
- Authorized accredited training organizations can provide access to this examination on-site.
- Pearson VUE test centers.
What is the Study Track?
Candidates may choose how they wish to learn about the TOGAF 9 standard. Courses will be available from The Open Group accredited training organizations and other training organizations.
Individuals who have earned this certificate are recommended to consider TOGAF Credentials Programs for additional specialization credentials.
Community We have added another incredibly powerful feature on our learning program, communities where you can discuss and learn about the EA related topics.